Hoki Hoki

Trying to spend up the last of my New Zealand coin, and I overheard someone on the bus today talking about the 'traditional' New Zealand flavor of Hoki Hoki. Well, I saw a popular ice cream shop lookin for dinner, so I came back and gave it a try. The top portion is the Hoki Hoki. I can't really describe the taste, except that it was pleasant at first, with a mild fruit flavor. There were also little bits of crunchy things, which I can only describe as a cross between hard candy and rice krispies. I say it was pleasant at first because it was sickeningly sweet. I almost tossed it halfway through, but wanted to get to the other flavor - Choc Mint Crunch. This was a cookies and cream with ribbons of fudge and a subtle mint flavor. The 'crunch' was actually a misnomer, as in this case I think it only meant malt flavor. The malt actually was a nice touch.
Hoki Hoki ice cream: 2 Slurrps, LudiCris Rating of 3
Choc Mint Crunch: 3 Slurrps, LudiCris Rating of 2
Hoki Hoki ice cream: 2 Slurrps, LudiCris Rating of 3
Choc Mint Crunch: 3 Slurrps, LudiCris Rating of 2

1 Comments:
the ice cream is hokey pokey not hoki hoki! lol
Post a Comment
<< Home