Saturday, November 10, 2007

Luncheon meat


At the Pac-n-Save (which if I haven't already expressed my love for, it's a backpackers delight to hit a real grocery store, especially one that's cheap!) there was an display case of the deli counter dedicated to luncheon meats. There was bacon flavoured ham, chopped ham, chicken and ham, garlic chicken, etc. ad naseum (pun intended). Well, it was also the only reasonably priced sliced meat, and I know it's not all that great for you, so I chose 95% fat-free chicken and ham. But not to worry, I made up for all the fat loss with some delicious chive-flavored pasteurized processed cheese product. I did pass on the lamb and mint flavor chips, though. That might be my biggest regret so far. The feta and roasted garlic ones were calling my name. Anyway, so now I have a few meals to call my own...and likely some serious hypertension from the sodium intake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home