Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Cooking school



The results of a morning-long instruction from Mrs. Phung: pho bo and ga nuong la chanh. The only problem with learning in a restaurant kitchen? I only know how to make pho for 20 people now. It's ok, though. I only know how to make red beans and rice for 20 people, and it's worked out. Anyone for a pho party in July?

Ah, I almost forgot. The ga nuong la chanh is grilled chicken with lemon leaves. Fantastic.

LudiCris Rating 4
5 Slurrps

3 Comments:

At Friday, January 11, 2008 at 3:50:00 PM CST, Blogger arielhope said...

i believe we have a scheduled pho party at my apt June 26th. :)

 
At Tuesday, January 15, 2008 at 7:53:00 AM CST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Cris,

I'm one of Ariel's crazy college roommates and a big fan of the blog (Flobhead? Flobotard? I leave it to you to coin). Anyways, if you come across ban xeo, preferably at a market, preferably in Hoi An, you MUST have some! It's a mung-bean crepe (very yellow!) stuffed with goodies and rolled in rice paper. I literally dream about them and have yet to find them in the States. (Also in Hoi An, the cao lao goes without saying because they only make it there - big doughy udon-esque noodles. Plus, you can get some cheap clothes made!)

Eat, eat for those of us who won't get back there anytime soon! I am so jealous that you learned to cook pho from the pros.

Also, are you going to sample the thit cho (yeah, it's dog) to add to your other culinary adventures?

Have fun! And I look forward to meeting you at Shenkan-Rich Camp.

Jen

 
At Thursday, January 17, 2008 at 1:01:00 AM CST, Blogger Cris said...

Flobotomy is an abbreviation of the term "frontal lobotomy", and also a pun on the word for drawing blood, "phlebotomy." Although I do think flobo-tard is definitely a more apt name for this blog.

Big fan? I think you're my only fan. Just to be safe, it might be time to start a fan club. Want to be the President?

Of course I tried the banh xeo (missing about 16 different accent marks), but I didn't make it to Hoi An for the cao lao :( Next trip!

Oh right, to the point: no dog for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home