A New Adventure
Today's the first real day of my year sabbatical. I left work and my old homestead for a trip..
.a quest...an adventure. I suppose I owe some backstory, but that'll be covered on the web site.
My first stop and where I am now is Metairie, LA. I grew up here, and am crashing my parents house and FEMA trailer. Construction is ongoing on the house, and there are at least 1/2 dozen people running through. One just passed me in the doorway as I was going inside and he REEKED of pot. I turned to my dad, who was sitting close by and pantomimed, ''Did you smell that?'' He smiled and nodded like he was used to it and said, ''Oh yeah.'' It makes me laugh because I'm pretty sure he didn't understand to what I was referring. Wonder what smell he thought I was talking about? Maybe he really did understand and tokes up with them every day =p
FEMA goodness attached!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home