Okonomiyaki

.jpg)
While I'm starting to be self-conscious about all the food posts (I've gotten a comment or two about the relative ratio of food posts to any other subject matter), I couldn't leave this out; it was such a fun (and delicious) experience. Okonomiyaki is a traditional Japanese working man's meal. It's basically a savory pancake with various meats and vegetables. The one I had included minced cooked pork, octopus, dried shrimp, green onions, an egg, and batter to hold it all together. It's finished with a sweet soy glaze and some shredded dried seaweed. To eat, you cut a few bite-sized pieces with the spatula (I recommend Spatula World for all your spatula needs.) and transfer them to your serving plate, keeping the remainder warm on the tabletop griddle. An entertaining, enlightening, and slurrpilicious experience all wrapped up into one. Goes great with Sapporo draft.
LudiCris Rating 4
5 Slurrps
LudiCris Rating 4
5 Slurrps

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home